Hemorrhoids is a problem that can occur to most of the people at some point in their life.Hemorrhoids, also known as piles can be either bleeding or dry. So here are some views on hemorrhoids, its causes and how to cure them in a right way.
What are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids or piles are dilated, engorged veins which start bleeding due to hard stools or constipation or without any cause.
Causes of Hemorrhoids
Constipation, Straining while defecation, Unhealthy diet, lack of fiber in the diet, not drinking enough water, alcohol, spicy food, pregnancy, cigarette smoking, obesity, lack of exercise and genetic predisposition are some of the causes of Hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids?
Some of the symptoms of Hemorrhoids or piles are:
• Bleeding from the anal region
• Heaviness in the rectum
• Severe pain after passing stools
• Hard stools
• Mucus like discharge from the anus
• A painful swelling or lump near the anus
• Itching in the anal area
• Weakness, etc.
Diagnosis of Hemorrhoids
The diagnosis of hemorrhoids is done by proctoscopy which do not require anesthesia.
How to cure hemorrhoids
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
• Take 3-5 ml of Castor oil in milk. Apply castor oil to Hemorrhoids to decrease the size of Hemorrhoids.
• Take Laxatives if constipated.
• Figs: soak three or four figs overnight in water and eat in the morning.
• Do Sitz bath for half an hour.
• A mixture of the juice of a lemon, ginger and fresh mint, along with honey, can be effective in treating Hemorrhoids by improving digestion.
Things to do
• Manage your lifestyle and avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Lose weight if you are overweight.
• Simple yoga poses like WIND-RELIEVING POSE, Fish Pose, and Child’s Pose are helpful in digestion and preventing constipation.
• Drink a lot of water, Chew your food properly. Solid food takes longer to digest and cause constipation.
• Papaya, sesame seeds, bitter gourd, turnip, and other fiber-rich foods should be added more to the diet.
Things to avoid
• Avoid sitting in toilet for long periods and don’t strain when passing stool.
• Avoid spicy food, too much tea, coffee or alcohol. Avoid fried foods completely.
• Avoid constipation but don’t become addicted to laxatives.