The deficiency of Iron in the body is known as Anemia. Iron is one of the most essential mineral of the body. Its main job is to transport oxygen to all parts of the body. It is a part of hemoglobin which represents about 2/3rd s of your body’s iron. The symptoms of Iron deficiency include fatigue and weakness, numbness of limbs, swelling. If not controlled, it can progress to a chronic deficiency and other severe diseases. It is best to have Iron in your diet from the natural sources. The Following are the symptoms of anemia and some food items you can include more often in your diet to combat Anemia naturally.
- Excessive menstrual bleeding is one of the main causes of Anemia in women.
- Traumatic bleeding-Bleeding from trauma can lead to severe Iron deficiency.
- Bleeding from ulcers and piles-Slow bleeding from ulcers and Piles can gradually cause anemia.
- Dietary Iron deficiency can cause Anemia due to poor diet intake.
You might be suffering from anemia if you have:
- Recent Hair loss
Natural Sources of Iron
To combat anemia, Iron from natural food sources should be considered as the Iron supplements available in the market are not devoid of side effects, hence the natural iron is the best and healthiest option. The recommended daily need of iron is 18 milligrams; the following Anemia Diet or Iron rich food fulfill your daily need of Iron.
- Chicken Liver
- Lamb liver and kidneys
- Red meat
- Oysters are rich in Iron.
Tofu and beans
- Cottage cheese
- Chick peas
Black eyed peas are the good source of iron. The advantages of beans are they could be stored for a long time and do not loose their property.
- Swiss chard
- Beet root
- And other green leafy vegetables.
Seeds and nuts
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Squash Seeds
Cooking in an Iron vessel–
Cooking the food in an Iron vessel is an old but best technique to gain Iron naturally. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on Iron supplements, so get your family an Iron vessel for cooking. It is the best Health gift you can give to your loved ones.
- Do not use Iron vessel Daily ,this can cause Iron Toxicity, instead make your meal 2-3 times in the Iron Vessel.
- Do not take too much of Iron supplements without consulting your healthcare provider.