The following yoga poses along with diet rich in proteins can help in stretching your body muscles, stimulate the growth hormone and correcting your body posture which may help in increasing your height.
Tadasana or Mountain Pose
Start by standing straight. Raise both arms up while inhaling and stand on your toes. Maintain this position for 30 seconds. Repeat this pose 10 times.
- Helps in correcting your posture.
- Increase the flexibility, strengthens the ankles, thighs and joints.
- Help in increasing height.
Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose
Stand straight with your legs hip-distance apart and arms on your sides
Pull one leg back and bend the other leg to 90 degrees. Taking your arms up above your head, look up, arch your back a bit and stretch. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat on the other side.
- Strengthens the back
- Ankle and Calf.
Vrikshasana or Tree Pose
Stand with feet 2 inches apart. Exhale, bend the right leg and place the foot on
The inside of the left thigh. Inhale and extend the arms up and join the palms. Stay in the position for 10 to 30 seconds and breathe normally.
- Improves Neuro-muscular coordination
- Endurance and alertness.
- It tones up the leg muscles and rejuvenates the ligaments.
Trikonasana or Triangle Pose
Stand straight. Separate your feet comfortably wide apart ,about 3 to 4 feet.
Turn your right foot out 90 degrees and left foot in by 15 degrees.
Place both hands on side and try to touch the right foot by the right hand.
Bring your left arm up straight, stay in this position for a while and return to the normal position.
Repeat this position with other side.
- Strengthens the legs, knees, ankles, arms and chest.
- Stretches and opens the hips, groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine.
- Reduces anxiety, stress, back pain and sciatica
Padahastasana or Hand under Foot Pose
Stand erect with your feet close to each other .keep your knees straight and bend forward while exhaling.
Now try to place your hands below your feet. Maintain this position for some time and repeat it.
- Strengthens the legs and feet.
- Lengthens the spine.
- Stretches the hamstrings.
Pashcimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend
Sit up with the legs stretched out, keeping the spine erect and toes flexed .Inhale and bend your upper body backwards. Now exhale and bend your upper body forwards. Try to grab your toes with your fingers and try to touch your knee with your forehead. Maintain this position for some time and return to the normal position. Repeat this 8- 10 times.
- Stretches lower back, hamstrings and hips.
- Tones the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Tones the shoulders.
Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
Lie on your stomach; place your hands on the floor near the waist. Now try to lift your upper body. Maintain this position for some time. Repeat it 10 times.
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back.
- Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals.
- Firms and tones the buttocks.
- Strengthens the spine.